Who doesn’t love Mac & Cheese? Quick, easy and delicious. Check out our recipe!
- 1 cup short pasta e g macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cheese e g cheddar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Optional extras (cook before adding): bacon, onions, mushrooms.
Bring about 4 litres of salted water to the boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook for about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Place 1 cup of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, along with flour, in a small bowl and whisk together until all lumps are removed.
Turn heat to low and slowly mix cheese and salt into the milk. Stir until all the cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy. Remove the sauce from the heat.
Place the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese sauce in a large serving bowl. Stir to coat the pasta evenly. Add the remaining sauce and any optional extras and stir to combine.
FEEL THE LOVE!