This policy (together with our Platform’s terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) (“Policy”) sets out the basis on which any personal data BAWIQ SDN BHD located at 1301 Naza Tower, 10 Persiaran KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (“we/us”) collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
1301 Naza Tower, 10 Persiaran KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
601, Kamala Tower, Sh. Zayed 1st Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
By submitting your data to us, you have read and consent to our processing of your data for the purposes and in the manner stated in this Policy and in compliance with the data protection laws in Malaysia and the UAE.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1. We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website at www.bawiq.com or mobile application on the Play Store/ Apple Store and any subsequent URL which may replace it and includes news, blogs, events, advertisements and any other contents (“Platform”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Platform, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Platform.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. If you telephone us, we may keep recordings of the call for quality monitoring and training purposes.
4. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
5. Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfilment of your orders.
6. Details of your visits to the Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
7. Information that you provide through our social media sites or other means of communications (whether electronically or otherwise).
8. Any information about you through referrals from our affiliates and business associates whether in or outside Malaysia.
9. Information that you provide through your submission of your application for employment and attachment position.
10. Any materials that you have distributed voluntarily (whether electronically or otherwise).
2. We may also verify or source your personal data from third party sources (both public and private).
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
2. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
3. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies and other such software on our Platform contain information that is transferred to your computer/ mobile phone’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
4. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Platform.
2. STORING AND SECURITY
3. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Malaysia. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
4. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. We will take appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (www.bawiq.com) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online
2. USES MADE OF THE DATA
4. We use information held about you in the following ways:
4. To ensure that content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
5. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
6. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
7. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
8. To notify you about changes to our service and/or products.
2. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
5. We may disclose your data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries or one of our affiliate companies.
6. We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
5. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
6. If our assets or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Platform’s
8. In fulfilling our obligations of your order, in which case we may disclose your data to our staff operating in or outside Malaysia or by one of our service providers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
2. All credit/debit card details and personally identifiable information relating thereto will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
2. YOUR RIGHTS
Some of the advertisements you see on our Platform are selected and delivered by third parties, such as networks, advertising agencies, advertisers and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on our Platform or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons and other technologies in an effort to understand your interest and deliver to advertisements that are tailored to your interests. Please remember that we do not have access to, control over, the information these third parties may collect. The information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Policy and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these practices.
3. ACCESS TO INFORMATION You may at any time request to have access to your personal data and have a copy of it by contacting us at a fee to be determined by us. We will make reasonable endeavours to comply with your request. We may however refuse to comply with the request in the circumstances as permitted by law.
5. CONTACT Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, if you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy.